The Gateway to the non-tidal Thames
- www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/ or 09061 800 132 - Emergency animal help , if you find an animal or bird in distress , give them a call !
- www.swanuk.org.uk or 01932 240 790 - The Swan Sanctuary , based in Shepperton , if you find an injured or distressed swan give them a call and they will come and help !
Local Restaurants & Pubs
Local Marinas and Services
Local Information Websites
Weather Links - Check before you leave
Online Discussion Forums and Blogs
- www.justcanals.com - Friendly narrowboat community, keep up to date with whats happening on the canal network and the Thames.
www.grannybuttons.com - One mans blog of his travels and experiences on his narrowboat ( great reading )
www.ybw.com/forums - Great forum for all things boat related . They have a dedicated Thames Forum too !
Further Reading (real books!)
- 'Along the Thames' by Brian Eade ISBN 0 7509 1543 9
- 'The Ups and Downs of a Lock-Keeper' by Jake Kavanagh IBSN 0 7136 6401 0